Tuesday, December 2, 2008

In Sickness and In Health... already.

It'll be no new news to those who know me well that, yes, I am sick again.  Oh, it's just a cold.  But it's been around for weeks now, and -- I must admit -- I'm wishing it would go away already.  What's more, Eric seems to be catching it, too.  

When the man who "never gets sick" told me he felt a headache coming on, I decided it was time to get proactive about this bug.  So, I started taking the tylenol, swallowing the Omega 3's, and eating fruits with lots of vitamin C.  All to no avail.  This one will just have to run it's course, I suppose.

But in a bit of a wild moment, I searched out an old Russian concoction against sore throats and decided it couldn't make me feel any worse.  Admittedly, it sounded rather disgusting -- afterall, it was a drink that called for a generous scoop of butter!  But after tweaking the recipe a bit, I was pleasantly surprised not only by the taste but also by the results.  For about a full hour, my throat was pain-free.  Not that it's permanently helped, of course.  But the next time I find myself with an acute sore throat, I will probably try this again.

* 2 c. hot milk
* 1 Tablespoon honey 
(completely dissolved in the milk)
* 1/4 tsp butter
blend thoroughly and drink


No comments: