Monday, May 17, 2010

The Missing Link

I've found the missing link. No, not some stone-aged Neandrathal jawbone -- the missing links from Amy's stroller. These colorful little plastic rings have become some of her favorite playthings while she rumbles along the roads and pathways during our daily walks. But slowly they have begun disappearing.

At first I barely noticed. Then I figured Eric must have removed a few links to connect toys to Amy's new walker. But a quick perusal of the walker proved me wrong. And the links did not turn up when I looked under the couches, cleaned the guest bedroom, or fished around in the diaper bag, either. Hmmmmm....!

Then I began to spy them. One was at the corner of 3rd Street. A few days later another turned up on 4th (looking like it had been sun-bleached and run over by a few cars). A purple one lay at the end of our driveway. And this morning I found a red one on the way home from the park.

How Amy managed to disconnect her links is still a mystery to me. And there's no telling how many more are scattered about town, since we meander down different streets almost everyday. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for them from now on! Meanwhile, if you ever want to join Amy and I when we're out for a walk, just follow the "yellow (and red, purple, green, and blue) link road"!